1. Schedule a snuggle sesh. In your pup’s eyes, your attention is the ultimate display of affection. When you snuggle up together on the couch, you’re basically saying, “We’re part of the same pack, and we love and trust each other.” It’s also a major stress reliever and bonding experience for both pet parent and pet.
Carving out even the smallest amount of time out between meetings to cuddle your pet is one of the easiest and most mutually enjoyable ways to show them love.
2. Bake up some Homemade Love™. Have you ever met a pup who didn’t appreciate a tasty snack? We haven’t either! At Whisk & Wag, our favorite way to spoil our pets is with freshly baked treats. We might be partial, but we highly recommend our very own baking mix.
It’s simple—all you have to do is add oil and water to the mix, roll it out into treat-sized balls, press into cookie shape, and bake for 20 minutes. A great “brain break” and bonding experience for you and your pup, the whole process can be done while you eat lunch.
3. Take a breather together. There are few things that excite your pet as much as going on a nice, long walk, especially if it’s in a new spot. Take a walk at a community park or even just around a different block in your neighborhood or city. They’ll get to experience new smells, see new things, and meet new people. (Plus, they need the exercise and fresh air to stay cool, calm and collected during your Zoom calls. It’s a win-win!)
4. Plan a playdate. You know that excited feeling you get when you finally see your best friend after weeks of trying to make plans? Take that feeling and multiply it by ten. That’s how your pet feels every time they see their pals, no matter how long it’s been. Even if it just means meeting up with a neighbor for a quick playdate, your pet will appreciate it more than you know.
5. Keep an eye on their diet. As a pet owner, you probably already know how important your dog’s diet is when it comes to overall health. One of the downsides to buying premade treats is that you can never be completely sure how they were made, and they sometimes contain ingredients that are less than ideal for your pet’s diet.
Our treat mixes are all-natural and contain no corn, wheat, or preservatives. Plus, we have a variety of flavors to address a variety of dietary needs. Is your pet’s coat looking a little dull? Our Honey & Oats Mix can help with that. Think your pup needs more protein in their diet? Check out our Peanut Butter & Berry Mix. Looking for something to support your pet’s health overall? You can’t go wrong with our Apple & Cinnamon Mix. We truly have something for every pup!